PS This is not on my layout.
Monday, January 5, 2009
RUBY TUESDAY
In our first RED sign, we have an entrance sign directing folks to the front of the railroad museum. This museum was an actual working station that has been preserved, and is a great place to watch trains!
The next shot isn't actually a sign sign, but a hand operated switch stand signal. The color tells the engineer on the train if he is to go straight ahead or take the diverging track.
PS This is not on my layout.
PS This is not on my layout.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



10 comments:
A railroad museum? Sounds interesting to me. Happy RT. :)
It cracks me up that there even has to be a sign that says don't stop on tracks... Maybe I'm just too cautious...
Happy Ruby to you!
Nice signs you have here. Like Ellen said, have to laugh! :D
Oh, my, Don't Stop on the Tracks!!! I'm sure there are those that need the sign.
I love your billboards at the end and I especially like the second shot of the hand signal thingy. In my next life, I hope to take train trips up across Canada and Alaska.
What great signs you found for Ruby Tuesday. My boys would be fascinated with the railroad museum I'm sure!
I love the old station! Nice to know it was restored.
I always enjoy reading your posts. Our train depot was also turned into a museum, there is a great story in that. We have two depots but sadly the other one was remodeled into an office building, I guess that is called progress.
I like all the scenes but I really love the shot of the signal - all that washed out brick
what a great set-up!!
That is a great looking museum. We have a couple of trolley museums in CT (East haven and East Windsor) with spur lines of about 2-3 miles. I like the view of old machinery!
It's amazing how many people chance fate at the crossings. Caution should rule. in our area, the only crossings are in place of Metro North commuter trains...but they're larger and heavier than my van. No need to cross early...
Post a Comment