Monday, July 6, 2009

Ruby Tuesday

For Ruby Tuesday this week, we recently visited the local historical Museum in Corry Penna.
Corry is the town where the Climax locomotive was built in the middle to late 1800's. In this museum is a completely restored Climax locomotive. They were mostly used in the logging industry to haul heavy log cars out of the woods.
The 2 stop signs were at the railroad crossings and swung back and forth to warn automobiles to stop for the oncoming train, and were called BANJO SIGNALS.
Thanks to mary/the teach for keeping this site going. Stop by her address http://workofthepoet.blogspot.com/ and you'll see more RED's.


6 comments:

Dora said...

Stop? Yes, i have stopped by to read this post. :D

Ang Paus (Sweet Red Buns)

Happy RT!

DrillerAA said...

Great shots for a Ruby Tuesday. Well done.

Bryan said...

Banjo Signals? That is an awesome name.

Nellie said...

Hi Gary,
I did not know that the Climax engine was built in Corry!! Thanks for the info. Oh, I love to hear the "whisle" when your blog loads. It's great!

Enjoy your R.T. and the rest of the week too.

Barb:-0

srp said...

Really nice shots... it is great to read and learn about the differences and advancements made in the railroads. I love the European rail system and wish we had more here.

2sweetnsaxy said...

I haven't been by in a while. Great shots of the train. I'd love to find some place around here where I could go see some. :-)